As a leader in the outdoor mental health space, Out Doors Inc. (Out Doors) is committed to continuing to support communities affected by the bushfires in East Gippsland and across Victoria.
For more than 30 years, Out Doors has been running programs to rural Victorian destinations all throughout the calendar year, taking our participants on a range of adventure programs that include bushwalking, hiking, white-water rafting, rock-climbing and more.
The 2019/20 Australian bushfires have become the worst ever experienced, devastating communities, the environment and local economies across the country.
As of today, this bushfire season has claimed more than:
- 6 million hectares of land
- 2500 homes
- 25 lives
With Australians coming together to support those who have been affected, Out Doors is also contributing by continuing to run programs to country Victoria, engaging with the community and supporting local economies.
You’re in our thoughts and prayers, and we hope you’re doing OK from the team at Out Doors.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Please donate through any of the following approved organisations:
- Bendigo Bank Bushfire Disaster Appeal (endorsed by the Victorian Government)
- VIC Country Fire Authority Donate
- Australian Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery
- NSW Rural Fire Service Donate
- SA Country Fire Service Donate
- QLD GIVIT Donate
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
- Victoria – Victorian Government Emergency or 1800 727 077
- New South Wales – NSW Government Emergency or 1800 018 444
- Queensland – QLD Government Emergency or 13 74 68
- South Australia – SA Country Fire Service or 1800 362 361
GET INVOLVED WITH OUT DOORS:
Find out more about Out Doors and our regular adventure activities by visiting our website.
Media Contact: Iudita Trifa-Schmidt, email@example.com or (03) 9417 2111.